- Club Rules
- Admission Procedure
- Entrance Fee
- Club Facilities
- Management of Executive Committee
- RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
- REPOSIBILITIES/DUTIES OF THE PRESIDENT, VICE PRESIDENT, SECRETARY & JOINT SECRETARY
- ACCOUNTS AND AUDIT
- COMMON SEAL OF THE CLUB
- AFFILIATION WITH OTHER CLUB
- POWERS TO AMEND THE RULES
- POWERS TO FRAME CLUB BYE LAWS
Page 8 of 19
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETINGS,
EXTRA ORDINARY MEETINGS-QUORUM
- The General Body shall elect the Executive Committee out of all eligible voting members annually in the Annual General Meeting.The Executive Committee shall consist of 15(fifteen) members including the President, out of these 15 members, 8 members shall be Govt. officials serving at Sambalpur and seven members shall be from other categories. PROVIDED further that the Committee shall co-opt such members (Govt. as well as other categories) to confirm to the provision of the above rules. PROVIDED that at no time the number of Government officials (serving at Sambalpur) in the Committee shall be less than half of the total number of persons in the Committee. If the total number of members in an odd number, the number of Government officials (serving at Sambalpur) shall not be less than a number equal to half of the total number of such members added by one. PROVIDED FURTHER that the Committee shall co-opt such member so as to conform to the provisions of this Rule. PROVIDED FURTHER that the post of President and Vice-President shall not be contested and RDC, ND, Sambalpur, DIGP, NR, Sambalpur shall be nominated as the ex-officio President and Vice-President of the Club. PROVIDED FURTHER that a person eligible for the post of Secretary should be senior State or Central Govt. official serving at Sambalpur.
- A General Meeting of the Club shall be held after the month of March of each year or as may be predictable.
- The Meeting held shall be called Annual General Meeting and all other meetings of the Club shall be called Extraordinary General Meeting.
- The Committee at any time on their own authority may, or in a written requisition of not less than one tenth of the total of all the Members having at the said date a right to vote in regard to the matter, shall call an Extraordinary General Meeting, specifying shortly the particular for which the Meeting is called and such Meeting shall not be at liberty to discuss any subject other than that specified in the notice or requisition as the case may be.
- Decisions on all issues/items discussed in any Annual and Extraordinary General Meeting including adjourned Meetings thereof shall be by majority of vote the Members present and entitled to vote provided that Members present constitute the prescribed quorum. PROVIDED that will govern the procedure for ascertaining majority where applicable.
- On a date fixed by the Committee the Honorary Secretary shall cause notice to be sent to Members of the Annual General Meeting or Extraordinary General Meeting at fifteen days before the date of the Meeting along with the Agenda items for discussions. The dates and Agenda item have to be approved by the Committee before issue of notice by the Honorary Secretary. The notice shall be sent by post to the address given by the Members in their membership application forms. A copy of this notice and Agenda items will be put on the Notice Board of the Club fifteen days before the date of Meeting. Any claims that notice or the Agenda items were not received by any Members shall not invalidate the proceedings of any such Meeting.
- The proceedings of Annual General Meeting shall include:............
- To receive the Committee’s report.
- To adopt the Audit report and to accounts for the preceding year (1st April to 31st March).
- To elect the Honorary Secretary, a joint Secretary and six Members of the Committee.
- To transact any other business duly brought forward.
- To appoint Auditors
- To transact any other business duly brought forward.
- When it is proposed to after or revises any of these Rules or adds thereto, such proposal shall be published in the Club’s Notice Board and a notice intimating such publication shall be sent to the Members in the manner prescribed for sending notices for Annual General Meetings or Extraordinary General Meetings.
- When a Member proposed any alteration or addition in Rules or withdrawal thereof, he shall intimate the details to the Secretary along with the details of the proposed changes not less than ten days before the date of Meeting. The Secretary shall put these proposals on the Club’s Notice Board and notify the Members about the fact of such publication in the Club’s Notice Board.
- Thirty Members present in person shall constitute a quorum for the Annual and Extraordinary General Meeting. The President of the Club shall be the Chairman of the Meeting. In the absence of President and Vice-President the members present shall choose any one of the Members present to be Chairman of the Meeting.
- Any Member of the Club entitled to attend and vote at a meeting of Club shall not be entitled to appoint another person (whether a member or not) as his proxy to attend and vote instead of himself.
- If within a hour from the time appointed for any Annual or Extraordinary General Meeting a quorum is not present the Meeting shall stand adjourned to the same day in the next week in the same time and place and if at such adjourned Meeting a quorum is not present those Members who are present shall form the quorum and may transact the business for which the Meeting was called.
- At any Annual or Extraordinary General Meeting or adjourned meeting thereof unless voting is demanded by at least five members present, a declaration by the Chairman that a resolution has been carried or carried by a particular majority or lost or not carried by a particular majority and an entry to that effect in the book of proceedings of the Club shall be conclusive evidence of the fact without proof of the number proportion of the votes recorded in favor of or against such resolution. PROVIDED that any members willing to be on the Committee of Management has to have completed two years of continuous membership of the Club on or before that date of c filling of the nomination for being elected as a Member of Committee of Management. However, this will not be applicable to such members who at a given point of time in the past have already completed one year as a Member of the Club. Nonresident Members are not eligible to vote or contest for any post on the Committee of Management. PROVIDED that for election of Honorary Secretary, Jt. Secretary and the six Committee Members. If more valid nominations than the number prescribed for each office have been received, the election of Honorary Secretary and the six Committee Members as the case may be shall be by poling of the votes of the Members. PROVIDED FURTHER that the Committee shall decide the procedure for filling the nomination for the post, the Honorary Secretary, Jt. Secretary, the six Members of the committee, for scrutiny of such nominations, for withdrawal of such nominations, for polling of votes for election of these bearers, for declaration of results of election and for the appointment of the Returning Officers for these purposes.
- If a poll is demanded as aforesaid or where a poll is mandatory it shall be taken in such manner and at such time and place as the Chairman of the Meeting directs and either at once or after a interval or adjournment or otherwise; and the result of the poll shall be deemed to the resolution of the Meeting at which the poll was demanded. In case of poll at an Annual or Extraordinary General Meeting or adjourned Meeting thereof each member entitled to a vote. In case of equality of the vote the Chairman of the Meeting or the adjourned Meeting as the case may be shall have casting vote in addition to the vote he is entitled to as a Member.
- The Chairman of the Annual or Extraordinary General Meeting may with consent of the Meeting adjourn the same from time to time and from place to place; but no business shall be transacted at any adjourned Meeting other than the business left unfinished at the Meeting from which the adjournment took place.
- The adjourned of a poll shall not prevent the continuance of the Meeting for the transaction of any business other than the question on which the poll has been demanded.
- The annual accounts of the Club, duly audited by the Charted Accountants firm/s appointed for the purpose shall be placed before the Annual General Meeting along with the Audit Report and the Annual Report for adoption.
- Voting Rights
- A Member who is defaulter of payment of any dues of the Club in excess of the permissible limit fixed by, the Committee of the Club from time to time shall not be entitled to contest or propose or second for any office or participate in the Annual or Extraordinary General Meeting.
- Members are envisaged under Rule-4(except for Temporary, Honorary or Institutional) are eligible to enjoy voting rights in the Meeting of General Body.
- Irrespective to the number of nominees, the non-defaulting corporate member (including non-defaulting nominees) is entitled to authorize only one nominee (from among those approved nominees as per Club Records) and has to intimate the name of such authorized nominee in advance to the Honorary Secretary of the Club.